Barcelona: Carles Pérez and Wagué absent for Tuesday's session amid Rodrigo rumours
The club stated that Carles Pérez and Moussa Wagué exercised indoors. Both players are waiting for updates on the operation to sign Rodrigo.
There were two notable absentees from Barcelona's training session this morning - B team forward Carles Pérez, who had been holding talks with Roma, although the operation is up in the air as the player will only accept a move to the Italian capital if the a buy-back clause is inserted into his contract. The problem is that Roma have other ideas and are only willing to take on the player on the condition that he agrees a six-month loan with an obligatory purchase clause for 13 million euros which can be triggered in June.
Wagué keen on Valencia move
The other player who missed the session was Senegalese full-back Moussa Wagué, who could be included as a makeweight in the Rodrigo operation. The African defender is open to leaving Barcelona to join Valencia.
Barcelona justified both player's absence, explaining that they did show up for the session but didn't take to the practice pitches because they stayed indoors to perform 'specific work'. That can be intrepreted as a sign that both are negotiating their departure.
Elsewhere, Riqui Puig was back training at the Ciutat Esportiva this morning. He missed the Valencia game because of cold. Also back with the squad - but only for part of the session was Ousmane Dembélé. Setién made up the numbers by calling up a few players from the reserves: Peña, Chumi, Colllado, Saverio, Abel Ruiz and Araujo - as well as Ansu Fati, who now is a regular in first team training session.
Barcelona remember Kobe and Gianna
Before the session, the players and coaching staff held a minute's silence in rememberance of Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 99% certain that Koeman will leave Barça claim RAC 1
- NBA 2021 NBA Play-In Tournament matchups
- NBA LeBron James set for Lakers-Warriors and tips Curry for MVP award
- TAX DAY 2021 Tax filing 2021: Which states have extended their deadline?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a new payment coming? IRS tax filing deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US NEWS Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...