Inter Milan announce the signing of Christian Eriksen
Spurs opted to sell Eriksen rather than lose him in the summer as Antonio Conte continues to sign players from the Premier League. He joins Inter until 2024.
Inter Milan have announced the signing of Christian Eriksen from Tottenham Hotspur. The Dane, who played 305 times for Spurs, has signed with Antonio Conte's side until 2024.
In the statement, Inter said: "Young and talented: that combination, almost as if part of the course of nature, brought him to Amsterdam and to Ajax. He refined his technique, enhanced his vision and improved his balance and coordination. He learned an important lesson that would stick with him throughout his career: don’t take anything for granted, keep having fun and keeping training your instinct to influence a game."
Eriksen had been linked with moves to Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid last summer but nothing transpired. He had entered the last six months of his deal and Spurs decided to sell the 27-year-old rather than letting him leave for free in the summer.
Antonio Conte has reinforced his squad with Ashley Young, Victor Moses and now Eriksen. He already signed Romelu Lukaku, Diego Godín and Alexis Sanchez from the Premier League in the summer. They currently sit second in Serie A with Juventus leading the way with a three point cushion at the top.
Inter have drawn their last three games in the league against Cagliari, Lecce and Atalanta.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live