Real Madrid's Reinier could see Pre-Olympic start with Brazil
Pedrinho departed the training session ahead of the encounter against Bolivia due to a muscular injury, and is a doubt. The logical replacement is Madrid's new boy.
Reiner Jesus, Real Madrid's 18-year old new signing, could find himself in the starting line-up for the Brazilian team as they continue their qualification campaign for the Olympic Games this summer.
Reiner aiming for the rings
The Samba boys play Bolivia in the Pre-Olympic Tournament (Wednesday 02:30 CET) and Pedrinho is a doubt for it. The Corinthians star felt discomfort in his left thigh at the end of their training session and now awaits test to see if he will be involved. If ruled out, this could well open the door to the first eleven for Reinier, as André Jardine continues to fight to secure Tokyo qualification.
At the moment, the former Flamengo player, the youngest of those called up for the Brazilian U23s, is counting on the confidence of the manager, as he follows in the footsteps of new club teammates, Vinicius and Rodrygo. Despite his age, and his recent addition to the group, he has already participated in the first two games in Colombia. In the 1-0 win against Peru he enjoyed 17 minutes and in the 3-1 victory over Uruguay he played eight.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Zidane: "Clásico is a good game to redeem ourselves"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: James Rodríguez could now be fit for Everton
- Vinicius Junior returns to Brazil squad as Tite rotates youngsters
- US Election 2020 What did Trump and Biden say about North Korea, Russia, China and Iran in the debate?
- ENTERTAINMENT NEWS Borat 2: who is Rudy Giuliani and what did he say about the movie?
- EL CLÄSICO El Clásico: Real Madrid name squad for Barcelona clash