Klopp confirms Sadio Mané will miss Liverpool's next two games
The Senegalese striker is recovering from a torn hamstring and will miss the next two games - against West Ham tomorrow and Saturday's visit from Southampton.
Jürgen Klopp has given an update on injured forward Sadio Mané and expects the player to sit out Liverpool's next two matches as he recovers from a microtear. Mané pulled up in the first half of Liverpool's 1-2 win at Wolves on Thursday clutching his hamstring.
Mané to miss West Ham and Southampton games
The 27-year-old missed Sunday's 2-2 draw with Shrewsbury Town in the FA Cup fourth round and is not in the squad for tomorrow night's Premier League trip to West Ham. Klopp believes that his team will also be without Mané for the next game - against his former club Southampton at Anfield on Saturday - as the damage is not as bad as first feared. If Klopp's estimation is correct, Mané should be able to return for the away trip to Norwich on 15th February - after the Premier League mid-season break.
"Sadio will not be involved for West Ham and probably not Southampton," Klopp said at a press conference this afternoon. "Afterwards he should be fine, then the week after that should be perfect for him to get back on track. He has a small muscle tear, which is serious enough to rule him out, but we've been a little bit lucky with the injury as well so it's not that serious. But when you have three games in a week it means he's out for three games."
The main Mané
Recently-crowned African Player of the Year Mané has started 21 of Liverpool's 23 Premier League matches this season and has been used 31 times in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Meteor Shower Perseid meteor shower August 2020: how and when to watch
- Coronavirus Trump executive order: how much will it cost the US?
- Ohter Sports Forbes: Covid-19 is massively-affecting sports in South Africa
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool close in on a deal for 'the next Neymar’ Talles Magno
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Atalanta have a responsibility not to disappoint against PSG, says Gasperini