REAL ZARAGOZA - REAL MADRID
Bale left out of Real Madrid squad for Zaragoza game
Bale has been left out despite training normally on Tuesday. Casemiro, Militao and Isco have also been left out of the Copa del Rey squad.
Real Madrid have released the squad list for their trip to play Real Zaragoza in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night. Bale has not recovered in time to make the trip even though he trained on Tuesday and looked to have recovered. He twisted his ankle against Unionistas and missed the Real Valladolid game in the league last weekend in LaLiga too.
Zidane has also given Casemiro a break along with Militao and Isco. Asensio and Hazard continue to recover from their respective injuries and Mariano has also been left out. "He is not available," Zidane said about Mariano. "He is slightly hurt and when someone is a bit injured, better off not to risk them. Right now, I have nothing else to say about it."
Carvajal returns, however, after missing the Valladolid game due to suspension. Altube, Real Madrid Castilla's goalkeeper, will also travel to Zaragoza. He will be the man dropped by Zidane for the actual match squad though. Vinicius and Brahim are in the matchday squad too having not travelled to Valladolid last weekend.
Real Madrid squad list:
Goalkeepers: Courtois, Areola and Altube.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo and Mendy.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Valverde and James.
Attackers: Benzema, Lucas V., Jović, Brahim, Vinicius Jr. and Rodrygo.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?