Roma contact Chelsea over Pedro
The experienced Spanish forward could follow Carles Pérez to the Italian capital, with limited pitchtime under Frank Lampard at the Bridge.
AS Roma are very close to announcing the signing of Barcelona's young star Carles Pérez, but the club's board continue to look for attacking reinforcements to secure before the end of this January transfer window. One name that fits the bill is Chelsea forward, Pedro.
Pedro interest from Roma
In recent days, the Giallorossi have made contact with the Premier League side over the potential for taking the experienced Spaniard to Serie A.
The former Barcelona star has started just four times in the English league this season and would not be unhappy to be given a chance to have a Roman adventure. In Italy the word is that they do not see the addition of Pérez as something that would preclude another attacking option joining their ranks, although the feeling from AS sources is that taking such a useful player from London could be difficult, in Frank Lampard's debut top-flight season.
Pedro's contract ends this June, but Chelsea are not expected to let him go easily, unless a suitable financial package can be reached. Other interest has been raised in recent weeks over the player from more far-flung clubs including ambitious Japanese side Vissel Kobe, David Beckham's Inter Miami and New York City FC.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment