Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
The La Masia graduate has agreed a deal to join the Serie A side after the Camp Nou board agreed to waive a buy-back clause on the 21-year-old.
Carles Pérez will be officially presented as a Roma player on Tuesday after Barcelona agreed to waive a buy-back clause in the deal between the two clubs at the request of both the player and the Serie A side.
Roma will pay 13 million euros for the 21-year-old La Masia product with an additional two million in add-ons after Barça relented on the idea of exercising a buy-back option on Pérez per their usual methods of operation. However, the Camp Nou board did managed to squeeze a sell-on clause into the deal.
Pérez makes it three exits under Setién
According to sources at Barcelona, new coach Quique Setién does not see a future for Pérez at the club despite the youngster coming through the ranks and playing as a starter at every age level for the Azulgrana during his career in Catalonia. Pérez may have seen things differently, having signed a contract extension last summer and making 12 senior appearances this season under Ernesto Valverde.
Pérez therefore becomes Barça’s third exit of the winter market, following Jean-Clair Todibo (Loan, Schalke) and fellow La Masia graduate Carles Aleñá (loan, Betis) out of the Camp Nou exit door as Setién looks to impose his stamp on his new squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: is it mandatory to vote and can I be fined?
- US Election 2020 What's Trump's plan to improve the economy, provide stimulus and lower unemployment?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: what does a ballot look like?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: could it be higher than $1,200?
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news