Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
The Portuguese midfielder has agreed to sign for the Premier League giants for a fee of 55 million euros plus add-ons.
The name of Bruno Fernandes has been making the transfer headlines for some time, and reports in Portugal now confirm that he is in the process of signing for the much-linked Manchester United.
Fernandes to United
Despite reports on Tuesday that Barcelona could prove a fly in United's ointment with a plan hatched to build the Sporting player into their move for Valencia's Rodrigo, Record have stated that this will not get in the way. Ole Gunner Solskjaer will soon be able to call upon the midfielder with the long-discussed deal finally agreed.
The fee reportedly agreed between the clubs is 55 million euros, although additional payments may be made depending on objectives being achieved. The add-ons could total €25 million, with 10 million of those suggested as being 'simple' to fulfil, including appearances, and the other 15 million based on meeting harder individual objectives. This could mean a final transfer value of 80 million euros.
Part of the reason that the negotiations have taken so long is due to Sporting's desire to hold onto the player until the end of the season. United and Fernandes, however, were keen to make the switch now, with the Red Devils desperate to squeeze into the Champions League places.
With 13 goals and 10 assists this season in Portugal, Old Trafford fans will be hoping he can add an extra dimension to their team's play. Signatures and official announcements are expected within the next 24 hours.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 stimulus check updates today: third payment, dates, eligibility, Biden, negotiation, live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check update: $1,400 payment in Biden relief proposal
- REAL MADRID UK media suggest Bale set for Madrid return next season
- CLUB WORLD CUP Auckland City withdraw from Club World Cup over covid measures
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why do Manchester United get so many penalties? Rashford points to Mourinho advice
- NBA Why is Kyrie Irivng currently absent from the Brooklyn Nets?