Reinier stars in Brazil win as Tokyo 2020 qualification looms closer
The new Real Madrid player made his first start in the 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament playing for 84 minutes in the 5-3 win over Bolivia.
New Real Madrid signing Reinier Jesus fully availed of Pedrinho's absence as he started his first game of the 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic tournament as his Brazil side overcame Bolivia 5-3 to progress to the final stage of the Tokyo 2020 qualification group of four.
Brazil just needed three minutes as Antony put the Seleção on the road to victory in Colombia with Reinier delivering an accomplished display for the Brazil side as part of the comprehensive 5-3 win.
The win puts Brazil into the "Cuadrangular" (group of four) where the top two sides will secure their passport to the Tokyo Olympics next summer. At present Brazil and Argentina are the only teams qualified with the runners-up from Groups A and B yet to be confirmed. Games will take place from February 3rd-9th and at the conclusion of the competition, it's expected that the player will move to the Spanish capital and join up with Raul and the Real Madrid Castilla squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo