Real Madrid: Another chance for Vinicius to impress
After being rested in Valladolid, the Brazilian is expected to start against Zaragoza in the Copa del Rey as he looks to impress ahead of the Madrid derby.
Real Madrid's round of 16 game away to Zaragoza in the Copa del Rey constitutes another chance for 19-year-old Vinicius to impress and attempt to nail down a place in the Madrid squad after being handed limited game-time in LaLiga and the Champions League.
Vinicius' Copa del Rey form
In his first season in Spain, in three Copa games he managed two goals and four assists, but since then has only started in four out of 29 games played. "He's 19 and we have to be patient with him. He must be ambitious. We have 25 players and when some of them are not in the squad it's because there are a lot of important players. All of those players should be playing more," Zidane said on Saturday, before omitting Vinicius for Madrid's league game against Valladolid.
The Madrid coach rotated for last weekend's league game after the Brazilian had played the full 90 minutes against Unionistas. Tonight poses another chance for him to prove his worth and convince the Madrid fans and coaching staff, and a goal or assist would do his chances of featuring in the Madrid derby on Saturday no harm at all.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?