João Félix picks up muscle injury and will miss Madrid derby
The Portuguese forward was the biggest absentee in Los Rojiblancos' training session and has already been ruled out of the Madrid derby. The club did not give any indication of a return date.
With the Madrid derby, to be played at the Santiago Bernabéu, just days away, Atlético Madrid suffered a setback this week with news that João Félix will not be available to face their crosstown rivals.
João Félix ruled out of Madrid derby
The Portuguese forward was unable to train on Tuesday and Wednesday after picking up a muscle injury in Atleti's 0-0 draw against Leganés, but the club did not indicate how long he is due to be sidelined. Although the injury does not appear to be serious, there is little doubt that Simeone will have to rejig his side to make up for his absence.
Therefore, the Argentinian coach trained with an attacking formation that featured Correa, Vitolo, Lemar and Morata, and will hope that it proves to be enough firepower to cause Zidane's defence problems on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive