João Félix picks up muscle injury and will miss Madrid derby
The Portuguese forward was the biggest absentee in Los Rojiblancos' training session and has already been ruled out of the Madrid derby. The club did not give any indication of a return date.
With the Madrid derby, to be played at the Santiago Bernabéu, just days away, Atlético Madrid suffered a setback this week with news that João Félix will not be available to face their crosstown rivals.
João Félix ruled out of Madrid derby
The Portuguese forward was unable to train on Tuesday and Wednesday after picking up a muscle injury in Atleti's 0-0 draw against Leganés, but the club did not indicate how long he is due to be sidelined. Although the injury does not appear to be serious, there is little doubt that Simeone will have to rejig his side to make up for his absence.
Therefore, the Argentinian coach trained with an attacking formation that featured Correa, Vitolo, Lemar and Morata, and will hope that it proves to be enough firepower to cause Zidane's defence problems on Saturday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 4-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has “shown his talent” as Klopp looks to put faith in youngsters
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"