Haaland: 75m-euro buy-out clause in Borussia Dortmund deal
With a move to one of Europe's elite already in his sights, Sport Bild says Erling Haaland has insisted on a Dortmund release clause.
Erling Haaland is already the darling of the Borussia Dortmund faithful. Signed from RB Salzburg this January, the striker has wasted no time in showing his prowess, netting five times in just 57 minutes of action for the club.
Haaland available for 75m euros after summer window
However, the 20-million-euro purchase sees his stint at Bundesliga side as a stepping stone towards a future move to one of Europe's very top clubs and, with that in mind, has insisted on having a release clause inserted in his Dortmund contract.
According to the German publication Sport Bild, Haaland's agent, Mino Raiola, has negotiated a 75-million-euro buy-out fee that will come into force after this summer's transfer window. Raiola and the player's father, Alf Inge, wanted to limit the figure to 50 million, but finally agreed to settle on a higher amount.
Dortmund have sold 5,000 Haaland shirts already
Haaland looks likely to prove a very good piece of business for Dortmund not only in terms of his potential sell-on price, but also as a commercial asset: in the short time since they signed the Norwegian international, the Germans have already sold a whopping 5,000 shirts bearing his name and number.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Doctors warn CDC to advise about vaccine side effects
- coronavirus Stimulus checks Second stimulus check: which proposals have been unsuccessfully discussed?
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 on Black Friday: restocks times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020 opening hours and best deals in Burlington, Zara, North Face & Under Armour
- US NEWS Why has Trump pardoned Michael Flynn?
- US News Black Friday 2020 opening hours & best deals in Kohls, Best Buy, Wayfair & TJ Maxx