PSG: Thiago Silva in limbo as captain awaits contract talks
The Brazilian, who joined the club in 2013, has five months left on his deal but no contact from the club has been made, prompting his agent to speak out.
Thiago Silva’s stellar eight-season career at Paris Saint-Germain has not translated into a new contract offer from the Parc des Princes board despite the club captain’s current deal expiring at the end of the current season.
Silva has always stated his desire to remain in Paris, to the extent that he has refused to listen to offers from other clubs as he awaits a summons to meet PSG sporting director Leonardo to discuss an extension to his lengthy association with the Ligue 1 outfit.
Thiago Silva's agent: "We will listen to other offers"
That has prompted Silva’s agent to borrow the ear of Globoesporte to make his client’s situation clear: Silva wants to remain at PSG but will start to entertain offers if no contact is made with the club over a renewal. “At this moment there are no negotiations with PSG,” Paulo Tonietto told the Brazilian outlet. “He has been sounded out by other clubs but he has not spoken to anybody because his priority is to stay at PSG. Football is very unpredictable but we will wait for the club. If there is no contact, we will listen to other offers.”
Silva, 35, remains a key part of the PSG starting XI under Thomas Tuchel and has made 25 appearances in all competitions in 2019-20.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Zaha targeted by online racist abuse ahead of Villa game
- LALIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid and Barcelona take Liga title race to the wire
- GRANADA-REAL MADRID Zidane: Real Madrid coach's pre-Granada LaLiga press conference
- CORONAVIRUS US $600 unemployment benefits boost: what did Mnuchin say?
- USA Heatwave in California: what temperatures are expected and which cities are on alert?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda, Ghana... cases, deaths and news