Transfer rumours: Barça to tempt Chelsea with late Willian bid
Barcelona are reportedly set to a launch a 23.6m-euro offer for Chelsea winger Willian as his contract nears its expiry date.
The time might have come for Chelsea to cash in on one of their longest and most loyal servants.
According to reports, LaLiga giants Barcelona are eager to take winger Willian to Camp Nou before the January transfer window closes on Friday.
The experienced Brazilian has been with Chelsea since 2013, but his contract is due to expire at the end of the season.
TOP STORY - BARÇA WANT WILLIAN
Barcelona will test Chelsea's resolve with a late 23.6m-euro offer for Willian, Sky Sports have reported.
The Blaugrana are said to be are "long-term admirers" of the 31-year-old and hope to have him on board for the remainder of their title battle against Real Madrid.
Willian could leave Stamford Bridge on a free at the end of June if Chelsea choose not to cash in now.
Frank Lampard last month said contract talks were ongoing with the former Shakhtar Donetsk attacker, but he has not yet agreed a new deal.
Barcelona are preparing a last-minute £20m bid for Chelsea winger Willian.https://t.co/vx05mJPCXJ— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) January 29, 2020
- News of Barça's approach comes amid suggestions they have had an eye-watering 100m-euro offer for Richarlison rejected by Everton, rumours the Mirror indicates have been laughed off at Goodison Park.
- Chelsea, however, could be preparing their Willian replacement. According to the Daily Mail, the Premier League top-four aspirants are looking to sign 32-year-old Napoli forward Dries Mertens for a cut-price £6m fee.
- Barça, meanwhile, are trying to find a new home for Philippe Coutinho after learning Bayern Munich will not activate their 120m-euro option to buy the on-loan playmaker, say Catalunya Radio.
- England international Danny Rose will spend the remainder of the season at Newcastle United after Tottenham accepted a £2m loan fee for the left-back, claim the Guardian.
- Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund must improve their bid from 22m euros to 30m euros to convince Serie A champions Juventus to part with midfielder Emre Can, claim CalcioMercato.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Bundesliga aims for May restart behind closed doors
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid agree to slash players' wage bill by €33-56m
- CORONAVIRUS Hydroxychloroquine: what is it and can it help fight Covid-19?
- Premier League Coronavirus: UEFA chief hands Liverpool Premier League title
- Premier League No Cristiano Ronaldo in the Ryan Giggs Man United XI
- Barcelona Bartomeu set to overhaul Barcelona board-room a year ahead of elections