Real Madrid set to wrap up signing of Villarreal's Morante
AS has learned that Madrid and Villarreal are on the verge of closing a deal for Iván Morente, who is seen as one of the great promises of Spanish football.
Villarreal midfielder, Iván Morante, is set to join Real Madrid Castilla before the close of the transfer window.
AS understands that the final details of the agreement are being ironed out and both clubs are preparing to announce the move shortly. The price Madrid will pay for the 19-year-old has not been disclosed.
Madrid called Villarreal earlier this week to request talks on Morante, who was also a target of several other top clubs, including Manchester City and Barcelona.
Morante: one of Spanish football’s great promises
Morante joined Villarreal as a young schoolboy, becoming one of the pearls of its academy.
The León-born midfielder was long seen as a replacement for Rodrigo Hernández and Bruno Soriano but is now set to continue his development under the direction of Castilla coach, Raúl.
Los Blancos have had their eye on Morante for a while and will be delighted to capture one of the great promises of Spanish football.
The 19-year-old, who has so far represented Spain from U17s to U20s, becomes Castilla’s third signing of the January window, following Flamengo’s Reinier and Sevilla’s Marc Graul, who joins Raul’s side on loan until the end of the season to cover the loss of injured starting striker Pedro.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”