Yannick Carrasco rejoins Atlético Madrid on loan
Diego Simeone has held several conversations with the winger over the past few days. He joins on loan for the rest of the season; Atleti reserve the option to buy him.
Atlético Madrid have reached an agreement with Yannick Carrasco who returns to the club on loan for the remainder of the season. Atleti are expected to conclude their negotiations with Dalian Yifang today to complete the operation. Atlético will reserve the option to buy Carrasco lat the end of the loan deal. Diego Simeone and Atleti's technical department feel confident that the 26-year-old has plenty to offer - not just this season but also in subsequent ones. Whether the club exercises the option to buy Carrasco outright will depend on how the player performs between now and May.
Carrasco has spent a while without playing competitively - since the 2019 Chinese Super League season was concluded in December. But he has been training voluntarily back home in Belgium as he knew that an offer to return to European football might arise in the January transfer window. Now he has a second opportunity to show his worth at Atlético. He has remained in contact with the club since leaving the club two years ago. The player passed the first part of his medical revision earlier this week and Atlético's medical team were pleasantly surprised by his fitness levels.
Atlético hoping to rediscover form before Liverpool tie
Atlético hope that the team can rediscover their form before next month's Champions League tie against defending champions Liverpool. Things are starting to look up for El Cholo's team - Koke is back, Diego Costa is close to returning and now the team has a new reinforcement in Carrasco.
Te recomendamos en English
- Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs: Buccaneers 31-26 result: Brady going to 10th Super Bowl
- NFL How many times has Tom Brady played the Super Bowl?
- NFL Buccaneers 31-26 Packers NFL Playoffs results, summary: NFC Championship Game
- US NEWS $3,000-per-child: what is Biden's new pandemic proposal?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Second stimulus check: how to use IRS tracker tool
- WHITE HOUSE What is Joe Biden changing in the Oval Office makeover?