Real Madrid sign Villarreal's Iván Morante
Seen as one of the great promises of Spanish football, 19-year-old Morante has signed a deal with Los Blancos until 2023.
Real Madrid have signed 19-year-old Villarreal midfielder, Iván Morante, who will immediately join the ranks of Madrid’s ‘B’ team, Castilla.
As reported by AS on Thursday, Madrid made contact with Villarreal earlier this week to request talks on Morante, who was also a target of several other top clubs, including Manchester City and Barcelona.
Morante has penned a deal with Los Blancos until 2023 and becomes the third signing for Castilla this January, following Brazilian youngster Reinier, who will remain at Flamengo until the summer, and Hugo Vallejo, who signed from Malaga and was immediately loaned out to Deportivo La Coruña.
Morante: one of Spanish football’s great promises
Morante joined Villarreal as a young schoolboy and quickly became one of the pearls of its academy. The León-born midfielder was long seen as a replacement for Rodrigo Hernández or Bruno Soriano at the Estadio La Cerámica, but will now continue his development under the direction of Castilla coach, Raúl.
Los Blancos have had their eye on Morante for a while and will be delighted to capture one of the great promises of Spanish football.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: McConnell confirms there will be checks for low-income Americans
- Premier League Lloris explains bust-up with Spurs team-mate Son
- Football Man Utd and Man City battling for Koulibaly and Skriniar
- Coronavirus FC Dallas out of MLS is Back Tournament due to Covid-19 cases
- BARCELONA Bartomeu confident of ninth Messi Barcelona renewal
- Qatar 2022 Aspire's online program aimed at promoting a healthy lifestyle