Real Madrid sign Villarreal's Iván Morante
Seen as one of the great promises of Spanish football, 19-year-old Morante has signed a deal with Los Blancos until 2023.
Real Madrid have signed 19-year-old Villarreal midfielder, Iván Morante, who will immediately join the ranks of Madrid’s ‘B’ team, Castilla.
As reported by AS on Thursday, Madrid made contact with Villarreal earlier this week to request talks on Morante, who was also a target of several other top clubs, including Manchester City and Barcelona.
Morante has penned a deal with Los Blancos until 2023 and becomes the third signing for Castilla this January, following Brazilian youngster Reinier, who will remain at Flamengo until the summer, and Hugo Vallejo, who signed from Malaga and was immediately loaned out to Deportivo La Coruña.
Morante: one of Spanish football’s great promises
Morante joined Villarreal as a young schoolboy and quickly became one of the pearls of its academy. The León-born midfielder was long seen as a replacement for Rodrigo Hernández or Bruno Soriano at the Estadio La Cerámica, but will now continue his development under the direction of Castilla coach, Raúl.
Los Blancos have had their eye on Morante for a while and will be delighted to capture one of the great promises of Spanish football.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week