Solskjaer welcomes Ighalo loan to Manchester United
Shanghai Shenhua striker Odion Ighalo, 30, will spend the rest of the season on loan at Manchester United.
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was pleased at the Premier League giant's deadline-day loan move for Odion Ighalo, saying the Shanghai Shenhua striker is a "great lad and very professional".
Loan deal with no purchase option for Ighalo
Ighalo leaves Chinese Super League (CSL) outfit Shenhua for Manchester on loan until the end of the season at Old Trafford, where there is reportedly no option to buy the Nigeria international.
The 30-year-old arrives at the Theatre of Dreams to help fill the void left by injured star forward Marcus Rashford, who has been ruled out for at least two months.
Odion: Experience important
"Odion is an experienced player. He will come in and give us an option of a different type of centre-forward for the short spell he's staying with us," Solskjaer said on Friday.
"A great lad and very professional, he will make the most of his time here."
#MUFC can confirm that Odion Ighalo will join us on loan from Shanghai Shenhua until the end of the season.— Manchester United (@ManUtd) February 1, 2020
After finally concluding their Fernandes chase, United turned to attacking reinforcements amid Rashford's injury and the Red Devils beat the transfer deadline to bring former Watford striker Ighalo to the club.
Ighalo, who was previously linked to United during former boss Louis van Gaal's tenure after scoring 40 goals from 100 appearances across all competitions for Watford, has starred in China.
After scoring 36 goals in all competitions in two seasons with Chinese side Changchun Yatai, Ighalo netted 10 times for Shenhua last term.
Te recomendamos en English
- Spanish Super Cup Leo Messi shown red card in Spanish Super Cup final against Athletic
- MLS Phil Neville is one step closer to becoming new Inter Miami head coach
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: will be there a new round of payments?
- LIGA MX Former Houston Astros general manager looking to buy a Liga MX club
- US NEWS What have Republicans said about the new American Rescue Plan?
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live