PSG could lose seven players for free this summer
Edinson Cavani was the highest profile player at the Parisien club's squad to be linked with a move away in January, but others will see their contracts end this season too.
For Paris Saint-Germain, it was a rather intense winter market focused on the potential departures of Edinson Cavani to Atlético Madrid and Layvin Kurzawa to Juventus, the French club are now looking at a summer of 2020 with seven players leaving for nothing.
PSG: 7 contracts expiring
The seven players whose contracts expire in Paris from June are: Edinson Cavani, Thiago Silva, Thomas Meunier, Layvin Kurzawa, Adil Aouchiche, Tanguy Kouassi and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting. PSG's management team will have the next few months to convince those they want to keep to extend with them, while others will be free to say their goodbyes.
The ones that will almost certainly not renew are Silva and Cavani. The Brazilian will turn 36 by the turn of the new season, while the Uruguayan striker has already made it clear that he wants to leave the French capital as soon as possible. The move to the Spanish capital fell through before the winter window closed on January 31.
Those who are less certain of their futures are Adil Aouchiche and Tanguy Kouassi. Both PSG youth players have already had pitchtime this season with the first team, but the policy is aimed at selling players out of the academy to help their position with financial fair-play. It's going to be a busy few months in the PSG offices.
Te recomendamos en English
- Opta stats Diabolical defending: Europe's top five leagues in 2019-20
- International UEFA suspends Champions League 'until further notice'
- LIVERPOOL Birthday Boy Brewster could be the answer for Klopp
- Nubel will learn behind Neuer at Bayern Munich, says Kahn
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos needs 'importance' at Arsenal
- REAL MADRID | SAGNA Sagna: "I see Pogba closer to Juventus than Real Madrid because of Cristiano"