Vinicius: "Lucas and I change the rhythm of the game"
Zinedine Zidane made two substitutions at half-time in the Madrid derby, and the young Brazilian feels this was key to the Bernabéu victory.
Vinicius came on at half-time in the Madrid derby with the scoreboard still showing 0-0. Zinedine Zidane's decision to make that change - with Lucas Vázquez joining him in place of Toni Kroos and Isco - proved to be an influential move, with both wingers causing Atlético danger.
Los Blancos took all three points thanks to a goal from Karim Benzema and the Brazilian spoke to Movistar immeidately after the victory.
Vinicius after Real Madrid's Derbi win
On acknowledging the home crowd
"They are my friends. I appreciate the support that I get from the fans, which was very important."
On the blockage in the first half
"In the second half, with Lucas and myself on, we started well and changed the rhythm of the game."
On what Zidane had said at the break
"We need to keep doing what we had done, and have some depth. The important thing was to win."
On Zidane or players winning the game
"Everyone, we are a group, the gaffer along with us. We played well."
On playing a bigger role
"I need to keep working hard like all the players and keep winning games like this."
On beating Atlético at the Bernabéu
"It's very difficult to win a derby, and it's very special doing so."
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Florida sets one-day record with over 15,000 new cases
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester capitulate as Bournemouth stay alive in relegation scrap
- Le Havre 0-9 PSG Neymar and Mbappe to the fore as PSG thrash Le Havre 9-0
- England vs West Indies England lose to West Indies: Stokes has no regrets over batting first
- Coronavirus New Covid-19 rules on masks and bars in Louisiana