Vinicius: "Lucas and I change the rhythm of the game"
Zinedine Zidane made two substitutions at half-time in the Madrid derby, and the young Brazilian feels this was key to the Bernabéu victory.
Vinicius came on at half-time in the Madrid derby with the scoreboard still showing 0-0. Zinedine Zidane's decision to make that change - with Lucas Vázquez joining him in place of Toni Kroos and Isco - proved to be an influential move, with both wingers causing Atlético danger.
Los Blancos took all three points thanks to a goal from Karim Benzema and the Brazilian spoke to Movistar immeidately after the victory.
Vinicius after Real Madrid's Derbi win
On acknowledging the home crowd
"They are my friends. I appreciate the support that I get from the fans, which was very important."
On the blockage in the first half
"In the second half, with Lucas and myself on, we started well and changed the rhythm of the game."
On what Zidane had said at the break
"We need to keep doing what we had done, and have some depth. The important thing was to win."
On Zidane or players winning the game
"Everyone, we are a group, the gaffer along with us. We played well."
On playing a bigger role
"I need to keep working hard like all the players and keep winning games like this."
On beating Atlético at the Bernabéu
"It's very difficult to win a derby, and it's very special doing so."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will we one before 31 December?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ferencváros vs Barcelona: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: What Real Madrid need to qualify for last 16
- LIGA MX Jalisco governor confirms Chivas will host León behind closed doors
- Football Sundowns refuse Al-Ahly's offer for Sirino
- Ramos Sergio Ramos offers Conor McGregor a fight