Cristiano and De Ligt ease Juventus past Fiorentina
Maurizio Sarri's Juventus returned to winning ways, beating Fiorentina 3-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring twice from the penalty spot and De Ligt grabbbing the third.
Cristiano Ronaldo converted two penalties as he scored for the ninth Serie A game in a row on Sunday to give Juventus a somewhat flattering 3-0 win over Fiorentina which kept them top of Serie A.
Cristiano converts two penalties against Fiorentina
The Portuguese squeezed his shot under Bartlomiej Dragowski in the 40th minute and sent the Fiorentina goalkeeper the wrong way late in the second half to take his tally for the season to 19 after Fiorentina held their own for much of the game. Defender Matthijs De Ligt headed the third in stoppage time to add to the sense of injustice. The decision which awarded Juve their second penalty, after Rodrigo Bentancur went down under a challenge from Federico Ceccherini, was met with angry protests by the visitors.
Sarri's Juventus top Serie A
Juventus, who bounced back from last week's 2-1 defeat by Napoli, have 54 points from 22 games, six ahead of Inter Milan who were away to Udinese later on Sunday. It was Fiorentina's first league defeat in five matches since Giuseppe Iachini replaced Vincenzo Montella as coach
Te recomendamos en English
- NATIONS LEAGUE Luis Enrique: "It would be wonderful to lift a trophy"
- EUROPA LEAGUE Gareth Bale scores his 200th career goal
- F1 Formula One confirm barrier changes after Grosjean crash
- Donald Trump Can Trump pardon Ivanka, Donald Jr, Eric and Giuliani?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: who backs the $900 billion relief bill?
- US News Spotify Wrapped 2020: how to check your most-listened songs and artist of the year