Cristiano and De Ligt ease Juventus past Fiorentina
Maurizio Sarri's Juventus returned to winning ways, beating Fiorentina 3-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring twice from the penalty spot and De Ligt grabbbing the third.
Cristiano Ronaldo converted two penalties as he scored for the ninth Serie A game in a row on Sunday to give Juventus a somewhat flattering 3-0 win over Fiorentina which kept them top of Serie A.
Cristiano converts two penalties against Fiorentina
The Portuguese squeezed his shot under Bartlomiej Dragowski in the 40th minute and sent the Fiorentina goalkeeper the wrong way late in the second half to take his tally for the season to 19 after Fiorentina held their own for much of the game. Defender Matthijs De Ligt headed the third in stoppage time to add to the sense of injustice. The decision which awarded Juve their second penalty, after Rodrigo Bentancur went down under a challenge from Federico Ceccherini, was met with angry protests by the visitors.
Sarri's Juventus top Serie A
Juventus, who bounced back from last week's 2-1 defeat by Napoli, have 54 points from 22 games, six ahead of Inter Milan who were away to Udinese later on Sunday. It was Fiorentina's first league defeat in five matches since Giuseppe Iachini replaced Vincenzo Montella as coach
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- United States Who is investigating Donald Trump's companies over fraud?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City sign Valencia star Ferrán Torres
- European football Champions League and Europa League return: where is it happening and how will it work?
- Madrid Open cancelled due to coronavirus