Barcelona: Griezmann linked to Beckham's Inter Miami
David Beckham's new club makes its debut in the MLS this season, and the former Man Utd, Real Madrid, and PSG star wants a big name.
David Beckham continues to test the water with some of football's biggest names, as he looks to get Inter Miami, his MLS franchise that will be begin league football in March, off on the right foot. And the latest name being linked is Barcelona striker Antoine Griezmann.
Griezmann for Miami?
Beckham has played for a number of Europe's elite clubs - Manchester United, Real Madrid, AC Milan, PSG - and he wants to turn Inter Miami into one of the great sides of the MLS. He also appears to be set to do whatever it takes to make that a reality.
According to French outlet L'Équipe, the Englishman, who has already flirted with the idea of luring Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez and Sergio Busquets across the pond, is now hoping to tempt the French striker. After only signing for the Spanish champions last summer, Griezmann's contract doesn't expire until 2024. As well as this, the release clause in that contract is an eye-watering 800 million euros.
That said, Beckham appears to be tapping into a couple of known factors. Firstly, after leaving Atlético Madrid with his goal-scoring reputation high, things haven't gone so well for Griezmann at the Camp Nou, as he has struggled to link up with his attacking teammates as expected. Secondly, he is a passionate NBA fan and often chooses Miami as his destination for time off.
The question is if he'd be willing to give up on top flight European football at 29 (the age he will turn in March). And if Barça would even consider letting him go.
Barcelona play Levante at the Camp Nou on Sunday, looking to cut Real Madrid's six-point lead at the top of LaLiga in half.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano angers Juventus team mates by skipping training to go shopping for a Ferrari
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp congratulates Pep on Manchester City success
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo ruled out of Granada trip
- US News Fourth stimulus check: updates on new relief bill negotiation in Congress
- Coronavirus Can kids between the ages of 12-15 get a covid-19 vaccine?
- US News Colonial Pipeline: Which states are suffering gas shortages and what has caused it?