Setién with just 14 first team players available for Levante
Barcelona have a number of injuries and Setién is suffering from poor squad planning as they host Levante on Sunday night at Camp Nou in LaLiga.
Quique Setién's first squad after the market closed on Friday is a reminder of the January transfer period when their pursuit of a striker ended in failure in the finals days. On Sunday, Barcelona welcome Levante to the Camp Nou. Arturo Vidal has been ruled out with an injury to his left leg and with the Chilean's absence, the manager has just 14 first team players for the game. They travel to San Mames on Thursday for the Copa del Rey with a number of players injured.
Ousmané Dembélé is also out but is nearing a return from injury. He has not been given the all-clear yet though. Neto is recovering from an ankle sprain and Luis Suárez will miss the next 3 and a half months after undergoing knee surgery.
Setién can only call on 14 players with goalkeeper from Barcelona B, Iñaki Peña, midfielder, Riqui Puig and attackers Ansu Fati and Alex Collado filling out the squad.
Barcelona's squad list for the visit of Levante is: Ter Stegen, Sergi Roberto, Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Umtiti, Alba, Junior, Sergio Busquets, Arthur, De Jong, Rakitic, Griezmann, Messi, Ansu Fati, Peña, Riqui Puig and Collado.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals