Atlético confirm Morata injury two weeks ahead of Liverpool clash
Morata, who suffered an injury against Real Madrid on Saturday, will defintely miss this weekend's LaLiga meeting with Granada and is also a doubt for Valencia and Liverpool.
Atlético Madrid have confirmed that Álvaro Morata has a muscle injury in his right leg and is pending response to treatment.
The Spanish forward was forced to come off the pitch in the 50th minute of the Madrid derby on Saturday after suffering the injury.
The news comes just two weeks ahead of Altético’s all-important first-leg tie with Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League, for which Morata is worryingly now a doubt for coach Diego Simeone
What is certain is that he will miss this weekend’s LaLiga meeting with Granada; while his availability for Valencia on February 15 is up in the air.
[📋] @AlvaroMorata suffers muscle injury to the right leg. Pending response to treatment.— Atlético de Madrid (@atletienglish) February 3, 2020
Costa may return for Atlético-Liverpool clash
The possible loss of Morata for the Liverpool game will be a big blow for Los Rojiblancos.
However, the club are optimistic that Diego Costa may be available for the Champions League clash. Costa has not played since mid-November following surgery on a herniated disc but is now close to full recovery.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim