Real Madrid are favourites to win LaLiga for the first time since 2017
Zidane's team are odds-on favourites to clinch the league after 30 months of domination by Barcelona. Betfair give Madrid a 56.5% chance of winning LaLiga.
Zidane's Real Madrid have broken a trend which has stood since September 2017. At the weekend, Los Blancos managed to dislodge FC Barcelona as the firm favourites to win LaLiga for the first time in three years. According to the bookies, Real Madrid are now 8/13 favourites to lift the title in May. ahead of Barcelona (11/10) and Atlético Madrid (40/1).
From September 2017 until this weekend, month after month, game after game, there was only one favourite for the betting houses - Barcelona. Barça proved the bookies right - winning the last two LaLiga campaigns and they were the favourites when the current campaign started but that's all changed. Real Madrid's 1-0 win over Atlético in Saturday's derby changed the betting odds in LaLiga. Zidane's team top the table on 49 points, three points ahead of Barcelona who found out today that Ousmane Dembélé will be out for the remainder of the season, leaving them with just Leo Messi and Antoine Griezmann as they only available strikers.
Real Madrid, with a 56.5% chance of winning their 34th LaLiga
Based on their calculations, Betfair estimate that Real Madrid have a 56.5% chance of winning the league, compared to Barcelona's 41.49% probability of successfully defending the title. Back in November, Zidane's team had a 29.5% chance of winning LaLiga, according to Betfair, who had Barça as the firm favourites at 65.36%.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane