Manchester United: Lingard to Atletico as Pogba eyes exit
According to ESPN, Atlético have set their sights on the Manchester United player, who is eager to leave after the arrival of Bruno Fernandes.
Atlético Madrid are reportedly looking to the Premier League, and the England national team, for another addition to Diego Simeone’s squad after setting their sights on Manchester United attacking midfielder Jesse Lingard.
According to ESPN, Lingard’s relationship with Old Trafford boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit rock bottom and the arrival at Old Trafford of Bruno Fernandes in January means that the 27-year-old will be afforded even fewer chances to impress in the second half of the season. Thus far in 2019-20, Lingard has made 31 appearances, with 16 of those of from the bench, for a return of two goals and an assist.
Lingard, Pogba heading for Old Trafford exit
Roma are also credited with an interest in the England international, whose contract at United runs until 2021. With little scope of an extension being offered – at least not while Solskjaer remains in charge – he would be available in the summer for a tempting fee. Lingard, who came through the ranks at United and into the first team via several loans, has gradually fallen out of favour initially under José Mourinho and now with Solskjaer after clashing with both coaches.
Another consideration for United is Mino Raiola, the super-agent who is persona non grata at Old Trafford after United missed out on Elring Braut Haaland and due to the ongoing dissatisfaction of another of his clients, Paul Pogba. With the Frenchman also likely to leave in the summer, the departure of Lingard would leave United free of any links to the deal-maker. Meanwhile, Lingard can follow the trail blazed by Kieran Trippier, whose surprise move to Atlético last summer has been one of few success stories in a tricky campaign for the Rojiblancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...