Barcelona crisis boils over: Messi trashes Abidal on Instagram
Via Instagram Messi retorted that everyone at the club "must assume responsibility of the decisions they take and not tar everyone with the same brush".
Tensions at Barcelona have boiled over. It was only a matter of time before someone at the club responded to the some of the criticism being bandied around - such as Éric Abidal's none-too subtle accusations in an interview with Sport in which he criticized former coach Ernesto Valverde and doubted Xavi's credentials to return to the club as first team coach.
The first person to reply to Barça's Technical Secretary was Leo Messi, who has hit back via a message on Instagram. Messi referred to a line in Abidal's interview with Sport in which he said, "A lot of the players were not satisfied and many of them were not working very hard".
Messi sends barbed reply to Abidal
"To be brutally honest, I don't like doing these things but I think that every person has to take responsibility for their own duties and the decisions they take. That includes the players, in what goes on out on the pitch - but we are the first ones to recognise when we haven't played well. Those in charge of the Technical Area also need to assume their responsibilities and above all, the decisions that they make. Lastly, I think that when someone mentions players, they should give names because if they don't, they are tarring everyone with the same brush and fuelling gossip - a lot of which is not true".
Consequences expected at crisis-hit Barcelona
Messi's reaction highlights just how serious the institutional crisis at Barcelona has become - because every declaration made by the Argentinean in public, more so if it is critical, has immediate consequences. This will surely be no exception...
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA 1 - 0 ESPANYOL Barcelona player ratings vs Espanyol as Suárez secures win
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 5-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"