Dembélé injury set to impact financially on Dortmund
With the French player set to miss the rest of the season and miss his 75th appearance in the azul-grana shirt, Dortmund will lose out as an appearance bonus fails to trigger.
Ousmane Dembélé's latest injury setback is poised to cause a major headache for the Catalan club who have already lost striker Luis Suarez, with the forward unlikely to play again this season after surgery to address a recurrent knee problem.
New head coach Quique Setién now finds himself with just three recognised strikers in the shape of Lionel Messi, Antoine Griezmann and Ansu Fati. The Dembélé absence comes as a blow for Barça in sporting terms but also impacts on his former club Borussia Dortmund on an economic level with the German side set to lose out on a five million euro appearance bonus according to Spanish TV show El Chiringuito.
When the French international joined FC Barcelona, the LaLiga side paid 105 million euro with an additional 40 in the form of 'add-ons'. These variable payments were based on completed objectives such as number of matches played, winning LaLiga and the Champions League with each completed task triggering a specific add-on. With Dembélé having played 74 official games in the famous claret and navy shirt, he falls one game short of activating the 75 game clause and payment bonus of five million euro to the Bundesliga side.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?