Barcelona sold Abel Ruiz for €8 million with a buy-back of €40m
According to El Larguero, Barcelona will have to shell out €40 million to buy Abel Ruiz back from Braga if they want him in the next two years.
Barcelona loaned Abel Ruiz to Sporting Braga until June with the option to buy the striker for €8 million. According to 'El Larguero', if they want to buy the player back within two seasons, they will have the right to do so for €40 million.
The deal was announced on 31 January, the day the transfer market closed, hours before Barcelona announced the deal for Trincao. The Brazilian will sign with the club on June for €31 million. Three days later, Dembélé was ruled out for the rest of the season with a hamstring tear, which leaves Barcelona very short in attack.
The La Masia strike didn't have minutes with the first team and was only called up to one squad against Ibiza. With Barcelona B, he played in 19 games for a total of 1,106 minutes, scoring three goals and giving two assists.
Barcelona striped itself of assets in January in an attempt to balance the books. They let Todibo, Carles Aleña, Carles Pérez, Wague and Abel Ruiz leave during the January transfer market. Dembélé has been ruled out for most of the season and Suárez will miss the next four months too.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?