Ronaldo: "I thought I'd be a fisherman in Madeira at 35"
Cristiano Ronaldo was interviewed by Canal 11 on his 35th birthday and says he couldn't imagine his career turning out the way it did when he was a kid.
Cristiano Ronaldo turned 35 on Wednesday. The Portuguese football celebrated in Turin but dialled into Canal 11 in Portugal to do an interview as he shared his wishes and to look back on his career.
Asked where he thought he'd be at 35 when he was a kid growing up, Ronaldo said: "At 35? I thought I was going to be a fisherman in Madeira. This never came into my mind. I wanted to be a professional football but I didn't think I was going to win everything I've won."
"Playing at Juventus gives me the chance to win again. We know that it's difficult and depends on a lot of things but it's possible because we have a good team, you have to go step by step," he said.
Ronaldo admits that it's hard to pick his favourite goal but "the chilena was the most difficult" he has scored. That goal came against his current club and was in the running for the Puskas goal of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...