Atlético: "We've been unlucky with injuries" admits Cerezo
Atlético' president was happy that Diego Costa is back training: "We hope he's available to play as soon as posible; he's a great player and we need him".
Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo told EFE that the club hasn't had the best of luck with injuries of late - particularly with the team's forwards João Félix, Álvaro Morata and Diego Costa - although Costa returned to full training yesterday, 76 days after undergoing surgery on a discal hernia. Only eight members of Simeone's squad have avoided injury this season - Oblak, Adán, Hermoso, Saúl, Llorente, Saponjic and Correa.
Diego Costa back training as normal with Atlético squad
"Today he started training with the first team squad and we hope that he is available to play as soon as possible - he's a great player and we need him in moments like this. We've been unlucky with injuries but Diego has been doing well with his recovery and we hope that in the next few weeks he will be back to full fitness", Cerezo explained during the 80th anniversary celebrations of Spanish state news agency EFE in Madrid.
Cerezo also spoke about losing Morata to injury, just when the striker was starting to hit form: "Álvaro is in a fantastic moment, he's a brilliant player and we will really miss him during this part of the season; we hope he is back with us as soon as possible and back at his best for the team's next few games", he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Square Enix's E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 Microsoft's Xbox and Bethesda conference at E3 2021 recap: games, announcements, trailers
- Euro 2020 Denmark team doctor: Eriksen was 'gone' after suffering cardiac arrest
- E3 2021 After missing E3 2021, will Sony (PlayStation) have a State of Play in the summer? When?
- EURO 2020 | GROUP F France vs Germany: Mbappé explains Giroud annoyance
- EURO 2020 France vs Germany: Benzema and Griezmann get green light