Barcelona's Ousmane Dembélé off to Finland for operation
Following per the news from AS earlier, it has now been confirmed that the Barça frontman willl see a surgeon with the aim of resolving his injury problem.
Barcelona have confirmed on Thursday that Ousmane Dembélé will travel to Finland for surgery next Tuesday after suffering a rupture to his hamstring. Reports state that he will see a new specialist, but one that worked with the surgeon that operated on him three months ago, Sakari Orava.
Dembélé to go under the knife on Tuesday
Dembélé sustained the injury in training on Monday, having been stepping up his recovery from a right hamstring problem that has sidelined him since November.
A statement on Tuesday confirmed Dembélé suffered a "complete proximal hamstring tear in his right thigh". The club have not provided any information about a potential return date, though reports have suggested they do not expect him to play much of a role – if any – in the remainder of the season.
A Barça statement read:
'Barcelona player Ousmane Dembélé will undergo surgery on Tuesday, February 11 in Turku, Finland, to treat a rupture to the proximal tendon of his right hamstring.
'Once the operation has been concluded, further information will be given regarding his approximate recovery time.'
Dembélé has only made nine appearances for Barça this season and spent a month out earlier in the campaign with a left hamstring injury.
[MEDICAL REPORT]@Dembouz will undergo surgery to treat his right hamstring tear on Tuesday, February 11 in Finland. Information on his approximate expected recovery time will be given once the operation has been carried out.https://t.co/KamzExiF2Q— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) February 6, 2020
Dembélé's injury troubles
The 22-year-old arrived from Borussia Dortmund for an initial fee of €105 million in August 2017 but his time at Camp Nou has been blighted by injury. He underwent surgery on his left hamstring one month after joining the club and did not return to action until January 2018. Dembélé suffered another strain in the same thigh four games after making his comeback and spent another month on the sidelines.
At the end of the 2018-19 season, a sprained ankle was followed by a left hamstring strain and a right hamstring injury to restrict his involvement in the team.
New coach Quique Setien had recently spoken of his excitement to have Dembélé back in contention after the club failed to bolster their attacking options following a serious injury to Luis Suárez. However, Barça are confident of securing special dispensation from authorities to bring in reinforcements outside of the transfer window following this latest setback.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?