Real Madrid: Marcelo becomes goalscorer number 19
The Brazilian full-back adds his name to the growing list of scorers for Los Blancos, with only three outfield first-team players still to go.
Marcelo gave Real Madrid some hope of getting level in the Copa del Rey quarter-final that had appeared to be out of sight. And by doing so became the 19th player this season to score for the club.
Marcelo: 19th scorer
Real Sociedad had taken the lead in the first half thanks to on-loan Madridista, Martin Odegaard - who chose not to celebrate. Not long into the second half, and things had got even better for the Basque visitors, leading LaLiga's top dogs 0-3 with less than an hour gone.
Then, as hope was fading from the Bernabéu stands, the Brazilian full-back struck hard and low, squeezing the ball just inside of the near post on the 59th minute. In what turned out to be an incredible second period, La Real won out with the score ending 3-4, but Marcelo added to the vast group of squad players under Zinedine Zidane to have contributed with a goal.
Only Militao, Mendy and Mariano (plus the goalkeepers) are yet to score for Los Blancos, although Odriozola left for Bayern on loan without opening his account. Benzema leads the list of Madrid goalscorers this season with 18 across all competitions. He is followed by Rodrygo (6) and then Sergio Ramos (5) followed by the rest of the cast.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week