COPA | REAL MADRID 3-4 REAL SOCIEDAD
Real Madrid: Gareth Bale leaves game early missing exciting end
Our AS photographers were surprised to see the Welshman leaving the Santiago Bernabéu when his teammates were 1-4 down in the Copa del Rey.
Gareth Bale was spotted leaving the Santiago Bernabéu before the end of the match against Real Sociedad. His Real Madrid teammates at that point were 1-4 down in the Copa del Rey quarter-final, but there was plenty of action ahead.
Bale misses exciting end
It was around the 82nd minute of the game that would end 3-4 when our cameras caught a snap of the Welshman departing the stadium. Some in the Bernabéu had maybe given up on their team but as Zidane's players fought back, it seemed as though they may be able to force extra-time in what was a crazy second half of football. Sergio Ramos had a header with seconds remaining in added on time to clinch that fourth crucial goal but didn't make the necessary contact with the ball.
Bale has got a reputation for leaving matches in which he is not involved early and tends to do so with around ten minutes remaining. It was not clear what his reasons for doing so this time were but no doubt he was able to listen to the intriguing closing stages on Spanish radio in the car.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week