COPA | REAL MADRID 3-4 REAL SOCIEDAD
Real Madrid: Gareth Bale leaves game early missing exciting end
Our AS photographers were surprised to see the Welshman leaving the Santiago Bernabéu when his teammates were 1-4 down in the Copa del Rey.
Gareth Bale was spotted leaving the Santiago Bernabéu before the end of the match against Real Sociedad. His Real Madrid teammates at that point were 1-4 down in the Copa del Rey quarter-final, but there was plenty of action ahead.
Bale misses exciting end
It was around the 82nd minute of the game that would end 3-4 when our cameras caught a snap of the Welshman departing the stadium. Some in the Bernabéu had maybe given up on their team but as Zidane's players fought back, it seemed as though they may be able to force extra-time in what was a crazy second half of football. Sergio Ramos had a header with seconds remaining in added on time to clinch that fourth crucial goal but didn't make the necessary contact with the ball.
Bale has got a reputation for leaving matches in which he is not involved early and tends to do so with around ten minutes remaining. It was not clear what his reasons for doing so this time were but no doubt he was able to listen to the intriguing closing stages on Spanish radio in the car.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo