Real Madrid star player Vinicius responds to PSG rumours
The Brazilian spoke pitchside following an impressive individual performance and was asked, among other things, about a potential exit.
From 0-3 and later 1-4 behind, Real Madrid were able to take their Copa del Rey quarter-final right to the wire, finally losing 3-4 to an impressive Real Sociedad side. And it was Los Blancos' young Brazilian Vinicius Jr who turned in the best performance for the defeated hosts.
He spoke to the TV cameras immediately after the full-time whistle had blown.
Vinicius reflects on Copa del Rey exit
"It's hard, we had been undefeated at home," explained the youngster. "The only game we couldn't lose, we ended up losing. The best thing is that we continued until the end."
With some doubts over the veracity of the decision to rule out Vinicius' goal in the second half, the player said that he had not spoken with the referee about it so couldn't add any more detail.
"We are all very sad," he continued referring to his teammates. "We never talk after the game. We do it in Valdebebas [training centre]. Tomorrow we will see."
Asked whether he feels like a leader in the team, he responded: "I am reaching my level of last season, which in January-February came at the right time. I need to keep going without injuries."
On manager Zinedine Zidane: "He has always given me the confidence I need and giving me opportunities."
And when the possibility of going to PSG was raised, Vinicius was adamant: "There is nothing. I want to continue at Madrid."
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits with $600 boost: how many have applied?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd death in Minneapolis, live updates: police, riots and protests across US
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: would second Economic Impact Payment be the last?
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked in the same nightclub
- Caso George Floyd George Floyd protests and riots across America: Nashville, Portland...
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: will there be a second round of payments in June?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today