Zidane sad after Copa del Rey loss to Real Sociedad
"I congratulate our opponent, that's the way it is. You have to accept defeat. We fought until the end but we made defensive mistakes and we didn't play well in the first half.
Zinedine Zidane spoke after his Real Madrid side's elimination from the Copa del Rey on Thursday evening. The manager was clearly unhappy with what happened but gave a pragmatic response.
Zidane on painful elimination
"This is football. From time to time things don't go your way. We have been in a difficult game, we tried until the end and the reaction was good. Even when losing 1-4 we believed.
"I congratulate our opponent, that's the way it is. You have to accept defeat. We fought until the end but we made defensive mistakes and we didn't play well in the first half. Yes, I am sad, but once you lose, it's done. We have to remember that the season is long. There is a game on Sunday and we must now focus on that game."
Zidane on conceding four for the first time as Madrid boss
"Four goals at home is tough, but nothing needs to be changed. We must continue with what we are doing. We knew we'd have difficult games during the season and this opponent deserved the victory. Losing hurts but we accept it."
Zidane on the home fans
"They were spectacular. They were with us supporting the players. They thought we could do it. We thank them. It's complicated because we had not conceded many goals for a while and today we lost four. Something happened but we will rectify it and analyze what happened to us."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?