Former Real Madrid players come back to haunt the Bernabéu
With Odegaard's goal for Real Sociedad, five former players have scored this season at the Santiago Bernabéu, equating to 38.5% of all conceded goals.
There is nothing worse then suffering the wrath of your 'ex' and with Martin Odegaard bagging the opening goal for Basque side Real Sociedad as part of their famous Copa del Rey win on Thursday night. Five former Real Madrid players have now scored against their previous club at the Santiago Bernabéu this season. This equates to 38.5% of the 13 players who have found the target against Zidane's men at the Chamartin stadium.
Goals conceded by Real Madrid at the Bernabéu (2019-20)
|Nº||Player||Club||Former RM player|
|8||Wíllian José||Real Sociedad||Yes|
|11||Luuk De Jong||Sevilla||No|
Borja Mayoral and Gonzalo Melero were the first former "Blancos" as they were both on target for Levante UD as part of a 3-2 win for Madrid in September. Next up to strike against his former side was Willian José bagging a second minute LaLiga goal for Real Sociedad who, on that particular November 2019 night fell 3-1
The Champions League tussle between Madrid and PSG saw former 'blanco' Pablo Sarabia net a later equaliser for the Ligue 1 side as part of a 2-2 draw in the group stage of the competition.
Last night it was the turn of Norwegian Martin Odegaard who opened the scoring as Real Sociedad toppled Zidane's men out of the 2019-20 Copa del Rey with a 3-4 win at a stunned Santiago Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?