Barcelona's search for a number ‘9’ rumbles on with Suárez and Dembélé injuries
The front pages of Saturday's sports papers in Barcelona were dominated by Barça's ongoing search for attacking reinforcements following lengthy lay-offs for Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé
After being dumped out of the Copa del Rey by Athletic Club on Thursday, Barcelona continue with their search for attacking reinforcements as they look to keep pace with Real Madrid at the top of the LaLiga table.
Barcelona's trip to Betis
Los Culés next test in the league comes via their visit to Benito Villamarín to face Betis, Quique Setién's former club, yet their striking options remain on the light side after lengthy injuries to Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé.
Sport ran with the headline "Final casting" on Saturday, with a trio of potential candidates made up of Loren, William José and Lucas Pérez. Betis are reportedly willing to negotiate with Los Culés for Loren, whereas the price tag could be an issue with William José and Lucas Pérez, with Alavés asking for 15 million euros for Lucas Pérez.
"Lucas Pérez fits the bill" was the verdict on Saturday's Mundo Deportivo front page, meanwhile, with the claim that "he is versatile, scores goals and would not condition the summer transfer window".
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?