Barcelona's search for a number ‘9’ rumbles on with Suárez and Dembélé injuries
The front pages of Saturday's sports papers in Barcelona were dominated by Barça's ongoing search for attacking reinforcements following lengthy lay-offs for Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé
After being dumped out of the Copa del Rey by Athletic Club on Thursday, Barcelona continue with their search for attacking reinforcements as they look to keep pace with Real Madrid at the top of the LaLiga table.
Barcelona's trip to Betis
Los Culés next test in the league comes via their visit to Benito Villamarín to face Betis, Quique Setién's former club, yet their striking options remain on the light side after lengthy injuries to Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé.
Sport ran with the headline "Final casting" on Saturday, with a trio of potential candidates made up of Loren, William José and Lucas Pérez. Betis are reportedly willing to negotiate with Los Culés for Loren, whereas the price tag could be an issue with William José and Lucas Pérez, with Alavés asking for 15 million euros for Lucas Pérez.
"Lucas Pérez fits the bill" was the verdict on Saturday's Mundo Deportivo front page, meanwhile, with the claim that "he is versatile, scores goals and would not condition the summer transfer window".
Te recomendamos en English
- USWNT vs Colombia USWNT vs Colombia: women’s soccer, friendly match
- UFC What was outcome of the last Conor McGregor UFC fight?
- LALIGA Alavés vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- UFC UFC 257: McGregor "raring to go" as he and Poirier make weight
- NFL What are Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady records? Super Bowl appearances, titles, completions...
- NFL Which team has played more NFL conference finals?