If Barcelona want Lucas Pérez, they will have to pay €25m
Alavés striker Lucas Pérez has his release clause set at €25m and the club will not be willing to lower that price for Barcelona.
The January transfer window has closed but Barcelona could still be eligible to carry out a signing due to the injury to Ousmane Dembélé, who could miss up to five months after his surgery scheduled for Tuesday.
One of the biggest priorities for Barcelona is Lucas Pérez, who could come in to replace the injured Frenchman. Tuesday will be a key day as the Spanish Football Federation’s medical committee will determine whether Dembélé’s injury is serious enough to allow Barcelona to sign a player outside the transfer window.
Lucas clause set at €25 million
Pérez's clause is set at around €25 million. And Alavés will not be willing to lower their price because they risk losing a key player before they have guaranteed their stay in La Primera for next season.
Speaking to Spanish radio program, El Partidazo, pn Friday, Pérez said he would be open to a Barcelona move at the end of the season. However, El Blaugrana need somebody now.
“I don't know anything about Barça's interest but if at the end of the year there is an opportunity, it will be welcome,” stated the 31-year-old forward, whose current market value is €5 million, according to transfermarkt.com valuations.
Aside from Peréz, Barcelona also have a few other targets, namely Loren of Real Betis, Real Sociedad’s Willian Jose and Zaragoza striker, Luis Suarez.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week