Barcelona: Setien down to 14 fit senior players for Betis
Quique Setién is without Ousmane Dembélé, Luis Suárez, Neto and Gerard Piqué, forcing the Barça boss to dip into the youth teams for Sunday's game.
Quique Setién has been forced to call up three Barcelona B players for the trip to Betis on Sunday as the Camp Nou boss has just 14 fit senior players at his disposal.
Jean-Clair Todibo, Carles Aleñá, Carles Pérez and Moussa Wagué all left the club during the January transfer window with no players coming in and long-term injuries to Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembéle have left Barça with a this squad to see out the rest of the season. Gerard Piqué picked up a muscle injury during the Copa defeat against Athletic and was suspended for the Betis game anyway, leaving Setién with little choice but to call up all of his available senior players and three from the academy: keeper Iñaki Peña, defender Ronald Araújo and midfielder Riqui Puig.
However, there was no place in the squad for striker Álex Collado despite Setién only having three fit forwards in Leo Messi, Antoine Griezmann and Ansu Fati.
Barcelona squad for Betis
Ter Stegen, Semedo, Sergi Roberto, Lenglet, Umtiti, Alba, Junior, Sergio Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, Arthur, De Jong, Griezmann, Messi, Fati, Peña, Riqui Puig, Araújo.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?