Barcelona: Setien down to 14 fit senior players for Betis
Quique Setién is without Ousmane Dembélé, Luis Suárez, Neto and Gerard Piqué, forcing the Barça boss to dip into the youth teams for Sunday's game.
Quique Setién has been forced to call up three Barcelona B players for the trip to Betis on Sunday as the Camp Nou boss has just 14 fit senior players at his disposal.
Jean-Clair Todibo, Carles Aleñá, Carles Pérez and Moussa Wagué all left the club during the January transfer window with no players coming in and long-term injuries to Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembéle have left Barça with a this squad to see out the rest of the season. Gerard Piqué picked up a muscle injury during the Copa defeat against Athletic and was suspended for the Betis game anyway, leaving Setién with little choice but to call up all of his available senior players and three from the academy: keeper Iñaki Peña, defender Ronald Araújo and midfielder Riqui Puig.
However, there was no place in the squad for striker Álex Collado despite Setién only having three fit forwards in Leo Messi, Antoine Griezmann and Ansu Fati.
Barcelona squad for Betis
Ter Stegen, Semedo, Sergi Roberto, Lenglet, Umtiti, Alba, Junior, Sergio Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, Arthur, De Jong, Griezmann, Messi, Fati, Peña, Riqui Puig, Araújo.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- GRANADA 1-2 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings after 2-1 victory over Granada
- Coronavirus South Africa curfew: how to get permit to travel for work
- Coronavirus Lockdown in Pune: dates and restrictions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS USA Stimulus check: McConnell gives date for Senate debate to begin