Manchester City vs West Ham postponed as Storm Ciara strikes
With Storm Ciara bringing high winds and heavy rain to much of the United Kingdom, Man City's match with West Ham was postponed on Sunday.
Manchester City's Premier League clash with West Ham was postponed on Sunday owing to safety fears amid the threat of Storm Ciara.
Fixtures cancelled across Europe
Sporting fixtures across the United Kingdom - and, indeed, in continental Europe - have fallen victim to the high winds and heavy rain brought by the weather front.
City tweeted confirmation of the cancellation around five hours before the scheduled kick-off time at the Etihad Stadium.
MATCH POSTPONED— Manchester City (@ManCity) February 9, 2020
Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today’s @premierleague match against West Ham has been postponed.
#MCIWHU #ManCity pic.twitter.com/6tcPM4t5OM
"Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today's Premier League match against West Ham has been postponed," the tweet read.
Pep Guardiola's side would have been seeking a response to consecutive losses against Manchester United and Tottenham.
Other high-profile events to be called off include the Rhine derby between Borussia Monchengladbach and Cologne in the Bundesliga, the entire Eredivisie schedule and both Super League fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus US banks business hours from 6 to 12 July: Citi, Wells Fargo, Bank of America
- CORONAVIRUS What is the bubonic plague, its symptoms and how it spreads?
- LALIGA LaLiga countdown: remaining fixtures for Real Madrid and Barcelona
- World Football Summit “The countries with the best response to Covid-19 were led by women, football should learn from that”