Manchester City vs West Ham postponed as Storm Ciara strikes
With Storm Ciara bringing high winds and heavy rain to much of the United Kingdom, Man City's match with West Ham was postponed on Sunday.
Manchester City's Premier League clash with West Ham was postponed on Sunday owing to safety fears amid the threat of Storm Ciara.
Fixtures cancelled across Europe
Sporting fixtures across the United Kingdom - and, indeed, in continental Europe - have fallen victim to the high winds and heavy rain brought by the weather front.
City tweeted confirmation of the cancellation around five hours before the scheduled kick-off time at the Etihad Stadium.
MATCH POSTPONED— Manchester City (@ManCity) February 9, 2020
Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today’s @premierleague match against West Ham has been postponed.
#MCIWHU #ManCity pic.twitter.com/6tcPM4t5OM
"Due to extreme and escalating weather conditions and in the interests of supporter and staff safety, today's Premier League match against West Ham has been postponed," the tweet read.
Pep Guardiola's side would have been seeking a response to consecutive losses against Manchester United and Tottenham.
Other high-profile events to be called off include the Rhine derby between Borussia Monchengladbach and Cologne in the Bundesliga, the entire Eredivisie schedule and both Super League fixtures.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online