Osasuna 1-4 Real Madrid: Ramos tackle a red card - AS resident ref
Ex-FIFA official Eduardo Iturralde González says VAR should have intervened after Sergio Ramos' studs-up tackle on Osasuna's Rubén García.
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos should have been sent off for his challenge on Rubén García in Sunday afternoon's LaLiga victory over Osasuna, says AS' resident referee Eduardo Iturralde González.
VAR has to intervene over Ramos' "red-card challenge", says Iturralde González
Ramos escaped punishment by match referee Jesús Gil Manzano when he caught García's ankle with a studs-up tackle in the first half of Madrid's 4-1 win at El Sadar, and video assistant Adrián Cordero Vega did not see fit to intervene.
"VAR has to step in over the Ramos incident and have him sent off," former FIFA official Iturralde González told Spanish radio station Cadena SER. "It's a red-card challenge on the player's ankle. VAR is increasingly losing credibility. The system has no defence [for not intervening]."
Vidal foul on Valverde "borderline"
In the second half, Osasuna's Nacho Vidal was then booked for a similar lunge on Madrid's Fede Valverde, and Iturralde González told SER: "It's a tackle that's on the borderline between yellow and red - you can see both points of view."
He also gave his thoughts on Madrid's waved-away appeals for a penalty after a Pervis Estupiñán challenge on Luka Modric soon after the break, declaring: "The referee should have gone [to the pitchside monitor] to take a look at it."
Ramos on target as Real Madrid claim come-from-behind win
Having avoided red, Ramos went on to score Real Madrid's second goal as the leaders came from behind to stay clear of Barcelona at the top of LaLiga, with Isco, Lucas Vázquez and Luka Jovic also on target for Los Blancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- Granada vs Real Madrid Granada vs Real Madrid: How and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Florida sets one-day record with over 15,000 new cases
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester capitulate as Bournemouth stay alive in relegation scrap
- Le Havre 0-9 PSG Neymar and Mbappe to the fore as PSG thrash Le Havre 9-0
- England vs West Indies England lose to West Indies: Stokes has no regrets over batting first
- Coronavirus New Covid-19 rules on masks and bars in Louisiana