External finishing touches being applied to Al Rayaan Stadium
The stadium, home to the Al Rayaan Sports Club will boast a capacity for 40,000 spectators and is located some 20km from the capital Doha.
The organisers of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC), have confirmed that the external structure on the Al Rayyan Stadium is close to completion.
الهيكل الخارجي لاستاد الريان قارب على الانتهاء😍 pic.twitter.com/uFQg5zV38n— Road to 2022 (@roadto2022) February 8, 2020
Recently posted photos of the stadium on the official Road to 2022 Twitter account illustrate the advanced process on the external structure with SC Secretay General Hassan Al-Thawady recently confirming that the stadium will be officially unveiled later this year.
The stadium bears the name of the city of Al-Rayyan, and is also home to one of Qatar's most illustrious football clubs Al-Rayyan SC. At the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the ground will host group stage matches along with games from the quarter-final stage and the stadium is set to boast a capacity of 40,000 spectators.
Along with Al Rayaan, Qatar 2022 will be staged in eight grounds in total: Khalifa internacional Stadium, Al-Bayt, Education City, Al-Thumama, Ras Abu Abboud, Al-Janoub and the Lusail Stadium, where over 80,000 fans will enjoy the opening game, semi-finals and World Cup 2022 final on December 18th.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week