Real Madrid: "What Sergio Ramos is doing isn’t normal for a defender" - Fernando Hierro
The former Real Madrid centre-back and captain believes that Sergio Ramos' goal scoring accomplishments are unheard of for any defender.
Fernando Hierro knew a thing or two about scoring for Real Madrid when the forwards were misfiring. As a midfielder, he was regularly among the goals and that continued when he dropped back into central defence. Hierro, who was once Spain's all-time top goal scorer, says even he is taken aback at how the player who eventually took his place (and squad number) has reached figures that many forwards would be proud of. Sergio Ramos has scored in every single season he has spent at Real Madrid since joining in 2005. He scored his fourth league goal on the season yesterday against Osasuna - bringing his tally for the club to 90. During his professional career, Ramos has scored a combined total 114 goals for Sevilla, Real Madrid and Spain.
Hierro applauded Ramos in an interveiw with LaLiga: "What Sergio's done... it's not normal. He's overtaken [Ronald] Koeman and me - and both of us played in midfield at times. It's out of the ordinary for a player in his position to score so many goals. [Gerard] Piqué usually scores quite a few too - but nothing like Sergio. He does it for Madrid and for Spain on a regular basis".
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim