Sergio Ramos: A number '4' operating as a number '9'
Ramos scored his 6th goal of the season against Osasuna and is the highest-scoring defender across Europe's top 5 leagues during the last decade.
Sergio Ramos plays in opponents' penalty areas like a father plays in the park with his kids. In Pamplona, without the need to reach too far back, he headed home Real Madrid's second in the first half to put the visitiors ahead 1-2. It was an important goal from the captain, one of his specialties.
DEFENDERS WITH THE MOST GOALS IN EUROPE SINCE 2010-2011
He is the defender with the most goals (41) in the top five leagues in the last 10 years. And nobody comes close. Naldo and Leighton Baines are next in line with 27 apiece and 14 behind Ramos.
His head is what differentiates him and turns him from a '4' into a number '9'. 54 of his 93 have come off his noggin -- 58%. He has scored 61 headers from 115 when you add his Spanish goals. Of the six he has scored for Madrid this season, three of them have come off his head and the other three were penalties. That's another area where Ramos specialises.
Ramos moves ahead of Hierro and eyeing up Raúl
The third-highest scoring player for Madrid this season, Ramos left El Sadar with another accolade to his name along with the three points. It was hs 440th game (295 wins, 70 draws and 74 defeats) in the league with Real Madrid and that's one more than Fernando Hierro managed (439).
That seemed like an insurmountbale figure back in 2005 when the current captain arrived at the Bernabéu. Ramos is not 5th on the list of Madrid players with the most league games. Next up is Santillana (461), Casillas (510), Sanchis (523) and Raúl (55).
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?