WORLD CUP 2022
The story of Qatar's football journey published
Hamad Bin Khalifa University Press launched its latest title, Journeys on a Football Carpet, written by Matthias Krug domcumenting Qatar's history.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University Press launched its latest title, Journeys on a Football Carpet, written by Matthias Krug. "This book is a documentation of Qatar’s history," explained Executive Director of HBKU Press, Bachar Chebaro, when questioned about the importance of publishing such a book. "At HBKU Press, we are committed to publishing books that provide the global community with insight on Qatar and highlight the nation’s success."
"Being born and raised in Qatar in a family obsessed with sports allowed me to see first-hand how rapidly the nation’s athletic and football landscape has developed over the years," author Krug said. "But whenever I traveled around the world, I was surprised that people knew very little about Qatar’s fascinating and ever-developing sports history. I was inspired to write this book, not only to relate some of my family’s very personal experiences, but to document the experiences of a nation and the inspiring people who helped to shape those journeys on the sporting fields.”
Journeys on a Football Carpet is available in the HBKU Press Bookstore (located in the College of Islamic Studies building in Education City), in bookstores across Qatar, and on Amazon Kindle as an eBook.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?