Neymar: PSG will be patient with forward's recovery, insists Tuchel
Marquinhos will not return for Paris Saint-Germain against Dijon, while a decision on Neymar will be held until after training, the PSG boss said.
Paris Saint-Germain will be patient with Neymar's recovery from injury, head coach Thomas Tuchel has insisted.
The Brazil star's availability for Wednesday's Coupe de France quarter-final tie at Dijon will be determined after he has been assessed at a training session on Tuesday.
Neymar has missed PSG's 2-1 win at Nantes and 4-2 victory over Lyon in the past week having suffered a rib injury against Montpellier on February 1.
He returned to training last Friday but Tuchel is eager not to rush his star man back onto the pitch.
"Neymar is injured, we have to be patient and careful with him," said Tuchel. "We are going to decide [if he can play] after training."
PSG without Marquinhos, Kimpembe and Verratti
@TTuchelofficial: "Abdou Diallo, @colin2dagba, @marquinhos_m5, Marco Verratti and @kimpembe_3 are not available for tomorrow. Concerning @neymarjr, we're going to decide after training." #PSGlive pic.twitter.com/6SWsGU0u1n— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) February 11, 2020
Tuchel confirmed it was too early for Marquinhos to return from a calf problem, with Saturday's Ligue 1 match away to Amiens instead being targeted for his comeback.
Thiago Silva and Bernat will be back in the mix but Presnel Kimpembe and Marco Verratti suffered knocks against Lyon and are out.
They join Marquinhos, Colin Dagba and Abdou Diallo on the injury list, with Tuchel reluctant to take risks ahead of next week's Champions League last-16 first leg against his former team Borussia Dortmund.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- BLACK LIVES MATTER What is the Black Lives Matter movement and when did it start?
- BLACKOUT TUESDAY How did the 'Blackout Tuesday' social media initiative come about?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?
- George Flod Protests What did Trump say about Antifa and the riots?