"Origi assist" as Salah, Henderson have kids nine months after Barça 4-0 victory
The local press in Liverpool had a bit of fun as the two stars welcomed new babies exactly nine months and a day after famous 4-0 win at Anfield.
Life is pretty good in Liverpool for Jürgen Klopp’s side, who hold a 22-point lead over Manchester City as they chase a first Premier League title and a first championship in 30 years, but for Mo Salah and Jordan Henderson the 4-0 victory over Barcelona in last season’s Champions League has added an extra special event to the inaugural winter break.
Both players announced new arrivals to their families last week and the press in Liverpool were quick to do the maths: Salah and Henderson’s babies were born exactly nine months after Liverpool’s comeback at Anfield, where the 4-0 victory on 7 May 2019 overturned a 3-0 defeat at Camp Nou and laid the platform for Klopp’s side to go on to lift the trophy in Madrid.
“Origi assist,” joked one of Liverpool’s captains, James Milner, on social media in reference to the quick corner taken by Trent Alexander-Arnold that the Belgium international hit past Marc-Andre ter Stegen to complete the rout.
Iceland baby boom
New arrivals are not uncommon after great sporting triumphs. In 2017, Iceland reported a spike in births nine months after their national team pulled off one of the great shocks in recent major tournament history by dumping England out of Euro 2016. Reyjavik’s Landspitali University Hospital said that on the weekend of March 25-26 – nine months after the 2-1 win – a record number of births took place.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online